Hailing from Boise, Idaho, Neocentrics is the indie rock project of singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist Evan Zurilgen. Constantly working to create an exciting sonic environment, Evan has kept an ever-rotating lineup of musicians that he plays with who help to bolster up Neocentrics’ robust, energetic, and overall contagious sound.
Neocentrics have been playing shows since April 2019 with big plans and a bright future ahead. The band is about creating an all-enveloping experience. Their mission is to produce "something we not only will be excited for and satisfied with, but to provide that same feeling for our audience when they listen to our music or come to our shows."
Neocentrics are deeply rooted in their love for music itself, borrowing influence from the guitar heroics of Built To Spill and Neil Young, while also taking note from the atmospheric indie pop of bands like Duster, Modest Mouse, etc. Writing their vigorously flavored songs about "stuff going on" and hardships in their own lives, often pulling from other sources to fill in the gaps.
- January: announced second album “The Long Way Out”, limited run of Neocentrics stickers, released single “Friends of Gunboy”, airplay on Radio Boise
- February: released cover of Grandaddy’s “Hewlett’s Daughter” for Dull Boys Collective “Winter 2021 Sampler”
- April: Riverside rock show with Pelicanesis and SwitchFullLotus, “Friends of Gunboy” music video is released, second studio album “The Long Way Out” is released, “Poisonland Dream - Live at FM Studios” video is released
- May: livestream show at the Boise Hive with Damn The Planet
- June: house show with Melancallme, Sobersick and SwitchFullLotus, house show with Leaway, The Phets going away show with Barn, Corduroy Blue, and SwitchFullLotus
- July: house show with Crush The Monster and Asteroid Mann
- August: Julia Davis Bandshell show with Gabriel Winters and SwitchFullLotus, Neurolux show opening for Worn-Tin and Surfer Blood, Shredder show with Twin Void, The Fire Rising and Corduroy Blue, Corral show with winterforever, Crush The Monster, and a Residual Affinity, house show with VEMM and Lamestream
- September: University Pulse interview, featured on Jet Black Records website, play two sets at Treefort Music Fest 9
- October: Shredfest 2021, with Plantonic, Pelicanesis, Rotten Apple Trees, SwitchFullLotus, and Melancallme
- November: Shredder show with AVOID, We Were Giants, Artificial Aliens, and A Residual Affinity, Olympic show with MÔS and Ten Bulls
- December: release single “Poisonland Dream (Slow)”, Olympic show with Supercrush, Big Laugh and Rotten Apple Trees, CRLB show with Ruff Pups, Spring Bake and SwitchFullLotus, featured on Alfo Media’s “Reviewing Your Music” showcase